SLAS Member Center
The SLAS Member Center is the place for SLAS members — and those brand new to the Society — to learn everything there is to know about SLAS and the many year-round benefits and services available through SLAS.
Conveniently located in the SLAS2016 Exhibit Hall, the Member Center is the hub for SLAS information and activity, including:
- Scientific Journals Information Station
- Career Services / Mentoring Program
- Live Podcasts with The Lab Man
- Award Announcements
- Passport to Prizes
- Southern California's Top FIRST Robotics Teams
In addition, in the Member Center you can receive a guided tour of SLAS.org, a review of your SLAS member benefits, and some great giveaways. Members of the SLAS professional team are always available to answer questions and explain how SLAS can help you not only at the conference, but year-round.
Take Advantage of Free Career Services
The SLAS Member Center is the hub for career services at SLAS2016. Through SLAS2016 career services, professionals, job seekers and students can:
- Browse job postings in our newly redesigned interactive Career Connections Center
- Post resumes
- Sign-up for a one-on-one career coaching session with Professor Dan Eustace now. Contact Suanne Determan for available slots. Get the most out of your time with Dan - be sure to bring your resume, CV, cover letter, research summary, Linkedin profiles, etc. for a comprehensive review.
- Participate in the SLAS Mentoring Program. These 45-minute one-on-one mentoring sessions with professionals from a variety of experience and discipline backgrounds will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Learn more about the mentors and how to sign up here.
For more information on Career Connections at SLAS2016, contact SLAS Membership Manager Mary Geismann.
Live Podcasts from The Lab Man
SLAS Director of Education Steve Hamilton, Ph.D. (a.k.a. The Lab Man) records podcasts live from the SLAS Member Center. Watch in person while he talks with winners of the student poster competition and the SLAS New Product Award designation, among others. Listen to past Lab Man podcasts .
The following live podcasts are scheduled for SLAS2016:
Monday, January 25:
- 5:00 p.m.: Interview with the Student Poster Winners
Tuesday, January 26:
- 9:45 to 10:15 a.m.: JBS Guest Editor Jonathan Wingfield of AstraZeneca about the JBS Special Issue on Advances in Mass Spectrometry within Drug Discovery
- 3:00 to 3:30 p.m.: JALA Guest Editor Joe Olechno of Labcyte about the JALA Special Issue on Advancing Scientific Innovation with Acoustic Droplet Ejection
Wednesday, January 27:
- 10:30 a.m.: Interview with the New Product Award Winners
Student Poster Award Winners
Dozens of undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral students participate in the SLAS2016 Student Poster Competition. A panel of judges selects the top three during the Monday poster presentation session, with winners announced at the Member Center on Monday, Jan. 25. These winners will be featured in a Lab Man podcast live in the Member Center following the announcement.
SLAS2016 Passport to Prizes
Entries to the SLAS2016 Passport to Prizes program are collected in the SLAS Member Center during exhibit hours. Prize winners are drawn from all entries received during contest hours. The prize drawing takes place on Wednesday, Jan. 27 at 11:45 a.m. and winners must be present to claim their prizes.
Watch Southern California's Elite FIRST Teams
F.I.R.S.T. (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) was founded in 1989 by inventor Dean Kamen to inspire an appreciation of science and technology in young people. The FIRST Robotics Competition is a global experience that helps young scientists see the value of education and careers in science, technology, engineering, and math. SLAS is once again proud to welcome FIRST as a partner at SLAS2016.
The following teams will demonstrate their robotic creations at SLAS2016. Be sure to stop by and say hello!
- SCAR, Mission Viejo CA
- Code Orange, Orange County CA
- Super Nerds, Escondido CA
- Robo Junkies, Riverside CA
- Devil Duckies, San Diego CA
- Some Guys and a Robot, San Diego CA
- The Ducks, Hemet CA
- BluePrints, Vista CA
- Despicable Minions, San Diego, CA
Job Seekers may submit resumes online through the SLAS website and on-site in San Diego, CA, browse the interactive job boards, meet one-on-one with a career coach and recruiting professionals. Job Seekers may submit resumes online through the SLAS website .
- Online Résumé Submission
- Connect with Employers also Attending SLAS2016
- Search Jobs Available at SLAS2016
- Free! One-to-One Career Coaching Sessions
Human Resource Professionals and Recruiters
With over 5,500 participants expected to attend SLAS2016, the SLAS Career Center substantially narrows the applicant pool to very qualified prospects. Your company can conduct highly confidential professional in-person interviews, and have a major presence in a discreet, yet friendly setting that nurtures networking and relationship building. SLAS2016 posting packages are available. Post now for the best rates.
Get started today! now.